Sunday, April 4, 2010

Making brownies, live aboard style!!

I had to blog on this.... I don't know if I mentioned earlier that I had bought a cake mix for brownies in slovenia and was having trouble reading the instructions. Being the perfectionist that I am, I had to know that I was making them properly, so I decided to get on the net this morning and try to get a translation (we have been invited aboard another boat for Easter so thought I might bake!).
I found a website which translates from Croatian to English and thought that I would give it a go. There were two languages on the packet. I think the first one was Slovenian and therefore the translation was obviously gobbledy gook, however the Croatian didn't help much either..... see if this would help you:
1. First slozite mould versus instruct.....
2. Mjesavinu for tifesto upsite into a vessel for mijesanje. Add ovum vodu plus omeksani regalement or margarines, these hard by help small broom fabricate smooth paste. Ulijte paste into a mould plus sleepy komadacima cokolade.
3. Time plus temperature pecenja: to customise versus instruct for vasa pecnicu (lift up the eyes up). Peceni stake vacate yes we do does chill into a mould. Unfold prick Pages thrower plus stake cutout at a 16 laceration.
Advice for vise: instead omeksanog butter into a mjesavinu for paste mozete add dl nutter.
I particularly like the sleepy chocolate and the unfold prick part (the lacerations might hurt a little!) but not quite sure what they mean in a baking sense. Still, I'm going to give it a go. Hope I don't poison the neighbours!!!
See ya...... Happy Easter everyone!

xx Lesley

2 comments:

  1. Just love this Legsley, can't wait to hear how it turned out! and whether or not Craig needed bandages for those lacerations!!!!
    Love Kath

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lesley. Ahmed's dad died so I haven't been in touch for a while. Just watch that beautiful waist line. We could always add a recipe section to your blog. Miss you both xxxx

    ReplyDelete